Our mouthwatering Berkshire pork is getting a lot of attention from our customers as people discover what pork was meant to taste like. We want you to be 100% confident and comfortable when purchasing from our farm. If after reading this page, you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to send us an email or give us a call.
A FEW OTHER THINGS TO CONSIDER:
– Uncured ham is the same as a roast. It will have the same taste and texture of the pork roasts. When viewing the cut list below please keep in mind that if you order uncured hams, that you will not get hams slices or a ham hock. Instead you will have four boneless leg roasts and 5-6 lbs of ground pork or sausage.
– The cut list below shows the average cuts from a half pork order. If you are ordering a whole pork, you can safely double the numbers you see.
– Pork comes packaged small enough to serve two people. (Pork chops come two per package.) If you are serving more than two people, you can easily add packages to accommodate the size of your family. All meat is frozen and vacuum packaged allowing it to be stored in the freezer for 1 year. Each type of cut is labeled on the packaging.
– Deposits are non-refundable. Once you place your order, the deposit money is used to help buy feed and farm supplies.
– The price is based on the hanging weight of the pig. While we average 160 lbs per pig, the actual weight can vary from 130 lbs to 220 lbs. A whole pork with a hanging weight of 160 lbs will return around 120-140 lbs of cuts in your freezer. We won’t have the actual total price of your order until the day of delivery when we pick up the meat from the butcher. It is at this point that we get the total weight for each animal.
– If you think a half pork might be too much for you, find a friend or family member to split an order with! Another great option is to buy a 30 lb pork CSA Share.
Half pork: 80 lbs Hanging Weight- For a whole pig double these amounts
Ham slices (steaks 1/3″ thick) 5 packs 1.5 lbs = 8.5 lbs
Bulk Breakfast Sausage (or Ground Pork) 5 packs avg. 1 lb = 5 lbs
Bacon (Pork Belly) 8 packs avg .75-1.0 lb = 7.5 lbs
Ham hocks 1 pack 1.75 lbs
Hams (Leg Roasts) 2 packs 4lbs and 5 lbs = 9 lbs
Spare ribs full rack 1 pack avg. = 2.5 lbs
Roasts 4 packs avg. 3.5 lbs = 14.0 lbs
Bone-in Chops 1” 10-12 packs avg. 1 lb = 12 lbs
Tenderloin 1 pack avg 1 lb = 1 lb
If choosing our cured pork option here are the ingredients for our cured ham and bacon.
Pork, water, salt, brown sugar, sodium phosphate, sodium erythorbate, sugar, spice extractives, spices, smoke flavor, sodium nitrite
If Choosing our Maple Kissed Sage sausage for your trimmings, here are the ingredients.
Pork, Maple Sugar, Salt, Dextrose, Spices, Rosemary Extract.